Student Ministries – August 2015
MAIN STREET UMC STUDENT MINISTRIES
We love our young people and are so excited to see what God has in store for us this fall! As we ready for another school year, join us in praying for your child’s spiritual health and well-being. Prayer warriors are vital to our ministry so please pray for us, our family and our youth!
Seven Specific Prayers for Students:
(The following Back to School prayer is borrowed from Stormie Omartian and is a wonderful resource for daily prayer warriors!)
1. Pray for your child’s friends. “Lord, Your Word says, ‘A righteous man is careful in dealing with his neighbor, but the ways of wicked men lead them astray’ (Proverbs 12:26). I pray that my child will choose godly friends and that You will separate him/her from all ungodly influences.”
2. Pray for your child to have a close walk with God. “Lord, Your Word says, ‘Listen! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him’ (Revelation 3:20). I pray that my child always will open the door of his/her heart to You and Your voice so that You can lead him/her on the path You have set for him/her.”
3. Pray for your child to resist rebellion. “Lord, Your Word says of those who ‘were disobedient and rebelled against You’ that You ‘gave them deliverers who rescued them from the power of their enemies’ (Nehemiah 9:26-27). I pray that my child will be obedient to You, me, and other God-ordained authority figures.” Also, pray for your child to be spiritually sensitive to the sin of pride, which leads to rebellion!
4. Pray for your child to feel loved and accepted. “Lord, Your Word says that nothing ‘has the power to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord!’ (Romans 8:39). I pray that my child will always sense Your love, as well as the love of family and friends, and feel accepted by us all.”
5. Pray for your child to have the joy of learning. “Lord, Your Word says that ‘all your children will be taught by the Lord’ (Isaiah 54:13). I pray that You would give my child the joy of learning and the ability to learn well.” Also, pray for your child’s teacher to follow Christ and to impart a love of learning!
6. Pray for your child to have a good relationship with each family member. “Lord, Your Word says, ‘Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called sons of God’ (Matthew 5:9). I pray that my child will be a peacemaker and have the kind of strong relationship with each family member that brings a sense of confidence.”
7. Pray for your child to have wisdom. “Lord, Your Word says that ‘wisdom is supreme so get wisdom’ (Proverbs 4:7). I pray that You will give my child wisdom that will serve to protect and guide him/her in all that he/she does.” Also, pray for your child to seek wisdom (James 1:5) for all things, great or small!
|August 2||Ian Bethea||Betsy Odin|
|August 9||Mattie McIntyre||Shelley Bethea|
|August 16||Eli Bethea||Jennifer Bracey|
|August 23||Dylan Odin||Sally McIntyre|
|August 30||Eli Bethea||Kelly Jacobs|